6 of the Best Italian White Wines
Italy is often thought of for Red wines but its enticing dry white wines make excellent food wines especially partnering fish.
- Carmelitani Gavi di Gavi.Piedmont £14.99 Known as Italy's answer to Chablis this crisp minerally white from Cortese grapes. Delicious!
- Pieropan Soave, Veneto. £15.99 Regarded as one of the best Soave this is very moreish and ideal with any seafood.
- Dragon White, G.D. Vajra, Langhe, Piedmont £15.99 A blend of Chardonnay, Sauvignon & local grape varieties made by Barolo winemaker G.D. Vajra. Dry, complex with a touch of leesiness and lemon fruit.
- Lugana, Ca Dei Frati, Lombardy. £19.99 Light, lemony yet more serious than a Soave.
- Pecorino, Tenute Ulisse, Puglia. £17.99 Waxy lemon fruit with a viscosity and mouthfell that makes this a great match with a creamy risotto.
- Pinot Bianco, Terlan, Alto Adige. £17.99 Austere stony minerality and mouth cleeansing acidity make this a superb food wine to partner the most delicate of dishes.