Australia is going through a renaissance, once known for blockbuster fruit bombs the wines are now more about restraint & elegance. We still want ripeness and good value but there is more to these wines…so do try them.
- Mitolo Jester Shiraz, McLaren Vale. Extremely smooth with lots of depth of rich dark raspberry fruit
- Rocky Road Cabernet Merlot, Margaret River Made by David Hoenen, the man behind Cloudy Bay. This is a light elegant Bordeaux blend using Organic principles.
- Layers Red, Barossa Valley. A cleverly made blend of 4 grapes-Tempranillo, Shiraz, Mourvedre & Grenache which gives brambly red fruits and a touch of spice
- Bill Downie Petit Verdot. South Australia Bill Downie is famous for his Pinot Noir and he was offered the grapes from this 100 year old Biodynamic vineyard whose soft elegant fruit shows his deft touch.
- Torbreck Woodcutters Shiraz.Barossa Valley Torbreck wines are high in alcohol but are beautifully balnced , complex with great length. Decant to fully release the magic of these wines.
- John Duval Entity Shiraz, Barossa Valley. John Duval is ine of the top 10 winemakers in the worls and spent 25 years making Penfolds Grange. He oozes expertise and begins with the end in mind. This is a very light and elegant wine but has layers of intricacy.