South African Reds
6 of the Best of the South African Reds
South Africa has seen lots of positive changes in the quality of their wines and is definitely a go to place for excellent quality & value especially for Rhone & Bordeaux style reds. This case gives a lovely range of flavours & character to suit most occasions.
- 2017 The Wolftrap Red, Franschoek Baby Chocolate Block this is a well made Rhone blend, fullbodied with dark red fruit with soft tannins. Great with Chilli Con Carne
- 2017 Goats do Roam Red, Franschoek A punchier Rhone blend with lots of spicy Mourvedre to give amore savoury wine.
- 2017 The Chocolate Block, Franschoek Brilliantly made by Marc Kent this is a Syrah Grenache blend that is full bodied yet very smooth.
- 2015 Meerlust Rubicon, Stellenbosch From the oldest estate is a fullbodied complex Bordeaux blend. Definitely decant to enjoy now or cellar to 2025
- 2016 Ataraxia Serenity, Hermanus Made by Kevin Grant the winemaker at Hamilton Russell this a light, fruity secret blend of Mediterranean varieties. Hugely drinkable.
- 2015 Radford Dale Black Rock, Swartland Voted Best South African Red last year this is a hearty Chateuneuf du Pape like blend of Syrah Carignan Cinsault Grenache Mourvedre & Viognier. Decant to release the powerful complexity.