6 of the best French Whites to drink now
French Classics such as Sancerre & Chablis are still the benchmarks for quality & finesse. Sometimes nothing else will do!
- Sancerre, JG Balland, Loire. Lemon y and grassy elegant & classic Sauvignon Blanc
- Pouilly Fumé, Domaine Thibault. Loire A minerally Sauvignon Blanc with crisp gooseberry fruit
- St Veran, Michel Chavet. Burgundy. An unoaked Chardonnay from the village neighbouring Chablis from a top producer
- Chablis, William Fevre. Burgundy Unoaked Chardonnay from one of the biggestvineyard owners in Chablis.
- Cotes du Rhone, Guigal. A flavoursome blend of peachy viognier and lemony herbaceous whitge Grenache
- Pouilly Fuisse, Tete de Cru. Burgundy Elegantly toasty oaky Chardonnay which is rich and buttery on the palate,